link pipe

ian charlton

• 2 weeks later...

I've just had a bespoke link pipe made by Tube Engineering at Kimbolton; they do top notch mandrill bending. I took the bike down yesterday and explained what I wanted. Graham knocked up a mild steel dummy, digitised it and I am picking the finished stainless pipe up tomorrow. I have tried to use MHP but have yet to have a phone call answered.

If it is something fairly common rather than absolutely bespoke speak to Pipewerx, they had an off the shelf link pipe and silencer set up to replace the back half of the very noisy Arrow full system on my fireblade. If they have something to suit it will be less than £60. If you are close to them you can take the bike over and they will try a few from stock to see what works.

Edited by Steve Saint