30 replies to this topic

#21 jw 1961

jw 1961

Loud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:39 PM

have to agree with RVF - the only thing stopping Rossi riding the ducati as good as he did when he overcame teething troubles with other makes is that he has no feel or feedback from the front end.

He has never been a gas it and go rider. He was and always will be a front end rider - until he gets the feel he needs he will struggle- if he moved to another bike or ducati get it sorted he'll be back.

Jock

#22 Oli

Oli

Geek!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:37 PM

Stoner just needs a character transplant imho

Completely agree there. But then Casey's big contribution to the sport is neither his personality nor his riding, but that very nice wife he brings along! Phew.

The thing with legends getting old is that it makes everyone sad because it reminds us that we are getting old(er) too. As I mentioned, when I was growing up there was Mick winning 500s, Rossi winning in the smaller classes and F1 was dominated by Schumacher.

Vale is the last relic of my childhood (Schumacher doesn't count, the current version is not the same!) and now Loris has gone he's the last relic of 500s. Unless Hopper ever comes back. Or maybe Leon Haslam could get a CRT ride, he used to race a 500!

I'm now nearly 28 and left wondering where the last 15 years went.

?????

Oli :o

Oliver Dupuy Racing is powered by PetersonSims, International Tax Advisors.

2qanwqc.png

Visit my website: http://www.oliverdupuyracing.co.uk

2005 Bemsee Rookie 600
2006 Bemsee Clubman 600
2007 Bemsee Powerbikes

2008 MRO Superstock 1000
2012 Manx Grand Prix
2013 Isle of Man TT
2014 Thundersport Golden Era Superbikes

“To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one's ability, for I feel that life is measured in achievement, not in years alone.” ― Bruce McLaren

Due to budget cuts the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off.

#23 Bridgette

Bridgette

The lights are on but...

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,987 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:52 PM

I agree with Jock. Just hope he does something before he starts to question himself. I'm still convinced it's bike not rider. You don't lose talent over one off season but I believe that trying to ride a bike that you don't get on with for long enough can do serious damage.

Hahaha.... just realised that sounds really daft coming from someone who doesn't ride bikes...... but I know a man who does (did!) :lol:
<p>You only need two tools in life - WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.<br><br />
 </p>

#24 rvfgod

rvfgod

Stalker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:01 PM

Hahaha...me and you alike Oli...same age mate! haha!

There is something special with Vale...that feeling of "no one has ever done that"....outside Sete at Lukey Heights for his MOto GP championship on Yamaha!

Getting penalised 10 seconds in race for a flag infraction...so DECIDES to win it by 15 seconds!

I wish he comes back...being honest Moto GP won't be the same without him as a sport or as a business entity and thats what we are scared of it!

I just want to jump off my settee again watching him stick it up Jorge at the last turn at Catalunya....or put Sete in the gravel in his home race or toy with Casey for the fun of it.....on and on we can go!

P.S. Oli....she is fit aint she! lol Sarah Ellison gets #1 on my "list" though....although RdP's missus!! haha

New thread needed maybe! haha

#25 Oli

Oli

Geek!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:17 PM

New thread needed maybe! haha

Good idea! When I was at Phillip Island in 2009 I managed to break into the paddock old-school-style and bumped into an Aussie bloke walking around with a t-shirt on saying "I've got a boner for Adrianna Stoner".... amused me so much I got a photo of it!

2qanwqc.png

2005 Bemsee Rookie 600
2006 Bemsee Clubman 600
2007 Bemsee Powerbikes

2008 MRO Superstock 1000
2012 Manx Grand Prix
2013 Isle of Man TT

“To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one's ability, for I feel that life is measured in achievement, not in years alone.” ― Bruce McLaren

#26 skinnydog0_0

skinnydog0_0

Too much time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Your name:Jeffrey Sutton
  • Interests:Motorbike racing, motorbike racing and motorbike racing. I also love to run my husky.

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:21 PM

Good idea! When I was at Phillip Island in 2009 I managed to break into the paddock old-school-style and bumped into an Aussie bloke walking around with a t-shirt on saying "I've got a boner for Adrianna Stoner".... amused me so much I got a photo of it!

:D :D :D :D
Thats so funny, i wonder if casey cracked a smile if he saw it!
<p>NGRRC 600 #121

#27 Oli

Oli

Geek!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:37 PM

Posted Image

Most of the MotoGP guys were still in the paddock when I got in (late Sat afternoon) but Casey seemed to be gone already. You'd like to think he'd see the funny side......

2qanwqc.png

2005 Bemsee Rookie 600
2006 Bemsee Clubman 600
2007 Bemsee Powerbikes

2008 MRO Superstock 1000
2012 Manx Grand Prix
2013 Isle of Man TT

#28 blue#18

blue#18

Loud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:49 PM

Casey Stoner Explains How To Slide a MotoGP Bike

http://motomatters.c...lide_a_mot.html

#29 Whiters

Whiters

Loud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:24 PM

What about rule 1 - beat your team mate, or any body else on the same bike for that matter...

#30 Oli

Oli

Geek!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:14 PM

Casey Stoner Explains How To Slide a MotoGP Bike

http://motomatters.c...lide_a_mot.html

Great read. It's exactly how I do it too :lol:

2qanwqc.png

2005 Bemsee Rookie 600
2006 Bemsee Clubman 600
2007 Bemsee Powerbikes

2008 MRO Superstock 1000
2012 Manx Grand Prix
2013 Isle of Man TT

#31 Steve Laming

Steve Laming

Too much time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:53 PM

I have not read the "Italian Press" articles about "Rossi on a Yamaha".

First point............Where would he get the Yamaha from ? I doubt the factory would lease
him one. They have four decent riders on them already.

From a technical point of view, it is interesting to watch the "developement" of the Ducati.

In recent years (Honda & Yamaha) Rossi has always rode his machines with ever shorter wheelbases. If you look
at the pictures of his bikes during the course of a season, you will notice the rear wheel is always right at the front
of the swing arm. This reinforces his front end feeling for the bike and getting it to turn.

At the start of this year the wheel on the Duke was again right at the front of its travel. So much so, that they
had to produce a new swing arm to allow him to shorten the wheelbase even more.

Last weekend the Duke had its wheelbase very long (to help stop wheelies) This cannot help with Rossi's
ideal set up when it comes to a great front end feel. It will be more stable in a straight line, but a right handful
to try to turn it.

Perhaps they have wound up the rear ride height and steepend the head angle? Who knows !

No matter what they do to that Duke, Rossi is still between 1.2 and 1.5 secs from the front runners !
Yes, I agree he was coming on strong in the latter stages of the race, but dont forget they were all on
a new type of rear Bridgestone, so nobody really new what to expect wear wise until the first race was over.

When Rossi is third or fourth best Ducati on the time sheets, then something is amiss !

Time will tell.

Steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users