2 replies to this topic

#1 Cool Dood Scroot

Cool Dood Scroot

Loud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:43 AM

It is with great sadness that I learned of the the passing away of Micky Gray, who succumbed to cancer last night.

I first met Micky in the 1970s when he was a sidecar passenger racing on the short circuits and the Isle of Man TT. He joined Bemsee's "scrutineering" team on odd occasions to help out, and when Bemsee ran the Lydden Circuit, he was our Race Starter. In later years, Micky was involved with Classic and Vintage racing, and assisted in organising the Classic Parades at the TT. He was a veritable "Peter Pan" of motorcycling, dressing, acting and looking just like a 1960s Rocker. Stuck in a time warp that he chose not to change out of. A kind and generous eccentric who will be remembered by all who knew him.

God bless Micky.

#2 -D-

-D-

Too much time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:12 AM

So sorry to hear this news. I remember Micky very well from when we used to work on the startline together. He was a lovely person. One thing I always remember about him was he was always singing "Life is a bowl of cherries" and it certainly was when he was around.

RIP Micky
I would like to open a joint bank account - preferably with someone very rich

#3 paul

paul

No mates

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:47 PM

MICHAEL GRAY'S FUNERAL DETAILS

Funeral to commence at 14.00hrs on Thursday the 12th April

Funeral venue :-
Garden of England Crematorium
Sheppey Way
Bobbing
Sittingbourne
ME9 8GZ
Get together after arranged to commence at 17.00hrs venue :-

Brands Hatch Kentagon

No flowers please but donations to the Hospice who looked after him so well in Smudges memory would be fitting but not expected.

EllenorLions Hospices
Coldharbour Road
Northfleet
Kent
DA11 7HQ

Smudge will be leaving his house at 4 Woodlane Cottages, Darenth, DA2 7LR
at about 13.15 and anybody wishing to accompany the hearse to the crematorium is welcome.
white van man has now retired and got himself a white truck to drive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users