Photo

Bought bike that turned out far from what was described.

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 quarrybends

quarrybends

Stalker

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:51 PM

Merely my free information service

#22 Brian Jones

Brian Jones

Too much time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Your name:Brian Jones

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:07 PM

The last time I had contact with him was Tuesday, he said his wife had gone into labour, so I have given him a few days grace. All I want is either what I paid for, or some money back to make what I paid match what I ended up with.
I really don't any more grief, but he said he would give me something back, then said he has nothing to give me. He then said he had sold his bikes & given up racing. You would think that he would have a few quid from that to give me to make things right.

Brian

#23 Brian Jones

Brian Jones

Too much time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:50 PM

Got a text this afternoon saying that I should get some money after next weekend. As he contacted me, I don't see any reason he won't keep his word.
Hopefully I will have my faith in my fellow man restored!

Brian.

#24 Brian Jones

Brian Jones

Too much time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:02 PM

I see this chap is looking at buying bikes again but still hasn't honoured the agreement we came to. Still not too late to tell the full story.

Brian.

#25 madforit21

madforit21

Too much time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Interests:Too much beer

Posted 28 July 2012 - 06:04 PM

Happened to me as well. I bought a bike off this forum that was advertised as fresh and when I got it home it wouldnt start. Quarrybends reckons it is buyer beware but I think otherwise.

#26 quarrybends

quarrybends

Stalker

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 06:29 PM

Wow wow wow!

Legally I think it's buyer beware, I think the ma's a tw@t for pulling such a stunt and I sympathise wholly.

Pleas be clear when using my good name!

#27 quarrybends

quarrybends

Stalker

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 06:29 PM

Name and shame.

#28 quarrybends

quarrybends

Stalker

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 06:49 PM

Infact I go so far as to say I hope I'm wrong!

#29 Oli

Oli

Geek!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,930 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:17 AM

Happened to me as well. I bought a bike off this forum that was advertised as fresh and when I got it home it wouldnt start. Quarrybends reckons it is buyer beware but I think otherwise.

I think it's up to the seller to be honest about the condition of what they're selling, but it's also common-sense for a buyer perform due diligence because it's naive to think everyone is honest!

In your case for example, I think if the guy was selling you a bike that wouldn't even start then that is wrong, however, I would also ask the question why didn't you check the bike started before you handed over any cash?

There are certain things that you can't check when you go and see a bike. A mate of mine brought a bike, asked the right questions (i.e. is there anything it does do / doesn't do that I should know about etc) and was told it was all good. Only when he got the bike to Jerez for pre-season testing did he find out the bike wouldn't go into 3rd gear because the gearbox was broken.

This was something that could only show up when the bike was being ridden in anger and if it was me, I would be back round the seller's house faster than you can say baseball bat to get it sorted out.

BUT, things like whether the bike starts, whether the frame / engine numbers are legit, the general condition of the bike... they should all be checked before you hand over any cash. Perhaps even a dyno run if it can be arranged. I guess that depends on the bike... if I was paying £2k for an old minitwin then probably not, but certainly if I was paying £13k for a BMW then I think I'd want to get one done.

The same with receipts. If you get work done on your bike, engines serviced, suspension serviced etc, you get receipts for that work. So as a buyer, if you're telling me the engine was refreshed in June, then show me a receipt.

Oli

Oliver Dupuy Racing is powered by PetersonSims, International Tax Advisors.

2qanwqc.png

Visit my website: http://www.oliverdupuyracing.co.uk

2005 Bemsee Rookie 600
2006 Bemsee Clubman 600
2007 Bemsee Powerbikes

2008 MRO Superstock 1000
2012 Manx Grand Prix
2013 Isle of Man TT
2014 Thundersport Golden Era Superbikes

“To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one's ability, for I feel that life is measured in achievement, not in years alone.” ― Bruce McLaren

Due to budget cuts the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off.

#30 GOJO

GOJO

Too much time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:40 PM

What bike is for sale that is a 09 model that that could be confused with a 06? And vice versa i can only think r6 and 675 but each bike will have signs of model year diffrences something i would know from researching online ie frame colour swing arm colour seat unit, im not having a go just curious

#31 a.m.bikerracing

a.m.bikerracing

Too much time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:58 AM

i braught a r6 of a well known tt rider who told me it had been refreshed, and it blew on me 1st 10 laps, and the engine had not been touched in 2 years, its always happerning best way is ask for reciepts

#32 thed4ppa

thed4ppa

Stalker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:35 PM

Lot of sharks about, desperate skint and otherwise. You need to be very careful when buying stuff - name and shame I say.

#33 markhamilton

markhamilton

Who loves ya baby?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:31 PM

everyone from n. ireland who sells/buys on this forum is now under a cloud - including me, and that's not fair. no point telling half the story, name the guy. the "wife is in labour" story is as old as the hills

yife.jpg

#34 markhamilton

markhamilton

Who loves ya baby?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:36 PM

sorry, i'm a dummy. i just read the original post again and it was the buyer who was from n.ireland.

yife.jpg

#35 Brian Jones

Brian Jones

Too much time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:58 PM

It has come to the point where I have no choice but to name this guy. He has been promising to sort me out with a couple of hundred quid compensation, but has just given me the runaround.

He is MATT COLE MATTRACER49.

This is the ad he posted.

hi iv got a 2009 sv 650 currently in bits this was going to be my winter project but iv cut my tendons in my hand and will be in plaster for some time so iv decided to sell it.......

so let me tell you what it is....

2009 twin spark tuned engine
2009 brand new frame bought from suzuki
ducati 1098 showa front end with marcharsini light weight wheel
brembo calipers
brand new clocks
micron race exhaust
675 fairing
fireblade seat
ali race subframe
2x rear wheels complete
spare sprockets

plus most other bits to complete the bike for more info call 07984335124
Edited by mattracer49, 15 November 2011 - 05:40 PM.

The engine was from a road bike, completely standard, judging by it's condition it had never been in a race bike.
Couldn't tell what year the frame was. When I looked at it, it appeared to be a new frame with no number stamped, but on closer inspection, it had the number removed.
The exhaust was from a carb bike, so didn't fit.

As I started to build the bike it became apparent that it was a collection of random parts cobbled together to sell on & not a dismantled race bike as I was told. I gave Matt the benefit of the doubt when he told me he bought it as he sold it & to his credit he did try to sort out the frame issue, but what I ended up with was a 2006 frame, not 2009.
The original frame has been passed on to the police, but by the sound of things they don't intend to do anything about it.

I take no pleasure in naming this guy, but he has left me no option, having messed me around for months now.

Brian.

#36 bladeburner

bladeburner

Too much time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:42 AM

whats your reply Matt?

#37 DEANSTONE

DEANSTONE

No mates

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:29 PM

is this the same person as it seems he owes someone else money aswell
http://www.facebook.com/pages/matt-cole-racing-49-team-power-tower-barwell-bodyworks/274066452187#!/pages/matt-cole-racing-49-team-power-tower-barwell-bodyworks/274066452187

#38 GOJO

GOJO

Too much time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:52 PM

Well i think you should be getting your money back, basically u bought a box of bits and the bits arent even what they should be and hes been on the forum tonight so he should now defend his corner

#39 Ol' Fella

Ol' Fella

FART is Norwegian for Speed, so get Farting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:36 AM

is this the same person as it seems he owes someone else money aswell
http://www.facebook....ks/274066452187

Seems like even his website has gone t**s up.......
http://mattcoleracing.co.uk/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users