#1 doodledog

doodledog

Loud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:bikes and racing, windsurfing

Posted 11 March 2012 - 06:57 PM

It is my sad duty to inform you all of the death after complications to a long illness of JOHN HORTON. He worked at mountain top for BSB, but his real love was working for all the clubs visiting Cadwell park as the IO AT PARK, john had worked at Cadwell from being a young lad running timing sheets and results from the startline up to the offices and he has helped literally thousands of riders after crashes some of which are current WSBK and GP contenders, tireless in his duties to make the racing as safe as it could be he had many words with race directors, if it was not safe john would damned well say so. He leaves a wife and two children Emily who marshalled with him on many occasions and Dom, he was hugely proud of them, RIP John you have left us way too soon and our sport is poorer without you, Dave Richardson

#2 Pete

Pete

It wasn't me . . .. it was the drugs

• Honorary Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,035 posts
  • Interests:Women, either French or French.
    Bikes and riding roads with the Grin factor. touring on the Cote d'Azur.

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:31 PM

Bemsee are one of the many clubs that have had the benefit of John's services over the years, his local knowledge has been invaluable at times, as well as his enthusiasm, he has looked after riders at top of Mountain and Park for ages and will be missed. The club sends it condolances to his family, he was a wonderful man.
<span style='color: #0000FF'><span style='font-size: 18px;'>Never say something in Cyberspace you can't say Face to Face !!</span></span>

#3 Big Bird

Big Bird

No mates

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • Interests:My hubby? racing, darts, bat and trap, games,pubbing,earning loads of money(which i don't)and generally having a happy time.

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:09 AM

Don't know what to say really, John was such a nice man and i will miss seing him at mountain top, my best wishes to his family and friends.
Love
Big bird
Karen
xxxxx
Remember NO PASS NO PRACTICE

#4 Racing Line Photography

Racing Line Photography

No mates

• Forum Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:55 AM

This is sad news. John always had time for a chat either at Park or the Mountain at Cadwell, we got on well with him, he was such a nice guy and excellent and professional in his marshalling duties.

Condolences from the Racing Line team.

Rusty
Paul
& Neil
Racing Line Photography

Motor Sport Photographers

#5 Seb#43

Seb#43

No mates

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:28 PM

John was a great racing friend of ours. Spent many a race sat with him at Mountain top in between our sessions. Lovely bloke who was a very proud dad and rightly so. Will be sadly missed. Rest easy John.

#6 StuNEMCRC

StuNEMCRC

Talkative

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:organising motorcycle race meetings and marshaling

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:02 PM

I have a lot to thank John for as he helped me out when our club went to Cadwell for the first and only time back in 2007
He helped organise the marshals as i had just taken over as chief marshal for the club,but he was prepared to help out
and give good honest advice which we were grateful for

He will be sadly missed by all his friends and colleagues.

Thoughts and prayers go to his family. RIP John.

#7 Dicko

Dicko

Too much time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:24 PM

Really shocked with the news Posted Image

When your a rider you meet marshalls and respect them so much for the time and effort they put in so we can all hoon around on bikes and take part in the sport we all love, sometimes certain marshalls stand out due to character or sometimes due to the fact you always seem to crash on their corner!!! and they become a genuine good mate, to me John was exactly this.

When i wasnt racing and doing recovery he would always flag me down to offer many packets of haribo! And when ever me and Fran bumped into John at bsb it was same then, a haribo festival!!!

His son Dom sometimes hung around with me and fran at the odd meeting when not marshalling and my thoughts are with him and the rest of his family at this time.

RIP mate - there will be some haribo's being traded up in the racetrack above the clouds right now.

#8 doodledog

doodledog

Loud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:bikes and racing, windsurfing

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:11 PM

Johns funeral will be held at

St Michaels church Louth
11 am on 27 march,

0 user(s) are reading this topic