Photo

Pre - Injection R6 1999-2002 ignition advancer?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Checa

Checa

Loud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:in the pursuit of true enlightenment

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:02 PM

Does anyone know of a supplier of +4 fixed ignition advancer?
seems the recommend option for a near stock motor.. as mentioned on the spec of various race bikes for sale.

I have contacted Factory Pro in the US and looked on the Graves website - got a reply "back order" - I hear people have been waiting 3 to 4 weeks with no news of a delivery date..

I know BDK did do a variable one, and some people have tried +6, but that bit of kit is perhaps over complicated and more expensive for additional adjustment beyond requirement in this case. Prefer to use one part, than two bolted together if possible.

Anyone with recent knowledge of ^ suppliers/stock please advise.

#2 Jnr

Jnr

If You Aint Sliding, You Aint Riding!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:38 PM

Hi mate. When we were running Pi R6's we used to make our own by filing the standard one then setting it to 4 degrees with a degree wheel.
It's easy to do. Either that or give mr seton a shout, he may even have a filed one laying around.

#3 Checa

Checa

Loud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:04 AM

Thanks Jnr, I thought about doing that as a last resort... I Have removed it and see there is a lump on the back that locates into the shaft - no woodruff (from memory) Would need to be removed/filed to allow it to rotate... if the direction of rotation is clockwise - then backwards to advance? I have not given it much thought yet... so excuse any ignorance. Need to think it through... Was hoping for a no brain power required application.. If you remove the lump on the back I guess it does not slip.

edit> I think I am going to have a look at this when a get a few mins, should be quite straight forward..

Edited by Checa, 20 February 2012 - 08:19 AM.

#4 Dicko

Dicko

Too much time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:23 AM

Any tuner would be able to mod an original one for you i think myne was done by nikki kennedy if not a lot of engineering firms would be able to also. Just make sure as u torque it up you are holding it flush to the edge

#5 Checa

Checa

Loud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:55 PM

is all good :-) I am / was an engineer.....but not an engine builder. This was only a 2 min number! Just wanted the brain dead route! Don't why I did not just go ahead in the first place.

Have also made me a total loss set up - not fitted yet - might make up a race generator later or something that is lighter than stock but still gives charge - they are pretty expense for the worth of these bikes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users