Jay

What a sugar weekend racing!

Well what a rubbish weekend at Snett! :(

Crashed in the last session of Friday practice - Smashed sub frame, fairings, rear sets, exhuast, clock brackets but managed to salvage some parts for Saturdays qually. 3rd lap in a thousand comes flying past me along Senna straight and broke which sempt like before the pit exit! tried to swurve but clipped him and we both went down at turn 1, exactly the same amount of crash damage as before!

Again I ran around the pits and managed to get my bike scruited 3mins before race 1, went out for warm up lap and my motor does its crank! :(

Luckily Mr Seton sorted me out a engine to use on Sunday but had to start way back in 36th position. Managed to salvage 5th and 6th to grab some points to hold my 2nd position in the championship!

Now im home and looking at the race weekend bill just isnt putting me in a good mood!

:(

Edited by Jay

Unfortunately, Jay we've all had weekends like that. Keep your chin up as there will be an equally good/high weekend waiting just around the corner ;)

And if anyone says those two dreaded words to you.... "That's racing!" just punch them on the nose B)

i would be the fella who you drove into in qualifying.

600's and 1000's have very different braking points, something the officials realized after the first race on saturday when all the 600's nearly drove into the back of the 1000's in the first set or corners.

This is what I experienced on Saturday: I overtook 2 bikes at the start of the pit straight and was quite a bit in front by the time I was braking. I braked at the 200m bored as i had been doing all weekend. I had been braking for about a second when someone came up the outside of me (there was probably about 1m between me and the outside edge of the track) they scraped all up alongside the bike knocking the handlebars and throwing me out of the seat. I was then being dragged alongside the bike as it headed towards the barrier. I let go of the bike not wishing to be squashed between the barrier and bike and went to inspect the damage as the bike drove itself into the tyre wall at the end.

Now yes its a racing accident, I accept that. sugar happens, if you dont like it, dont race. you didnt do it on purpose. But you completely *#~@ed my bike, the forks are bent and i have a £1000 repair bill because you drove into me. I didnt get to do 1 race on that bike for the weekend, hell i wont even get that fixed for the next meeting. But hey, dont worry you got to go out racing that very same day <_<

I know its racing, I know it happens, I know you didnt mean to do it, I know its something you have to accept happens. Doesnt change the fact you've taken a £1000 out of my pocket and *#~@ed up my seasons racing.

Saying its racing doesnt change the fact I have to pay a £1000 out of my own money because someone else cocked up.

Edited by half_lyfe

sugar does happen and more often than not it's on a race track !

The reason race bikes don't have mirrors is because you don't need to worry about what's behind you so I think Jay probably realises it's his fault but (like yourself) is smarting from the cost implications.

I'm sure when he sits back then he will see it from both sides rather than just his own.

The silver lining is that there's no broken bones..

Edited by tarmacsurfer

i would be the fella who you drove into in qualifying.

600's and 1000's have very different braking points, something the officials realized after the first race on saturday when all the 600's nearly drove into the back of the 1000's in the first set or corners.

This is what I experienced on Saturday: I overtook 2 bikes at the start of the pit straight and was quite a bit in front by the time I was braking. I braked at the 200m bored as i had been doing all weekend. I had been braking for about a second when someone came up the outside of me (there was probably about 1m between me and the outside edge of the track) they scraped all up alongside the bike knocking the handlebars and throwing me out of the seat. I was then being dragged alongside the bike as it headed towards the barrier. I let go of the bike not wishing to be squashed between the barrier and bike and went to inspect the damage as the bike drove itself into the tyre wall at the end.

Now yes its a racing accident, I accept that. sugar happens, if you dont like it, dont race. you didnt do it on purpose. But you completely *#~@ed my bike, the forks are bent and i have a £1000 repair bill because you drove into me. I didnt get to do 1 race on that bike for the weekend, hell i wont even get that fixed for the next meeting. But hey, dont worry you got to go out racing that very same day <_<

I know its racing, I know it happens, I know you didnt mean to do it, I know its something you have to accept happens. Doesnt change the fact you've taken a £1000 out of my pocket and *#~@ed up my seasons racing.

Saying its racing doesnt change the fact I have to pay a £1000 out of my own money because someone else cocked up.

For the record I didn't make it out for the racing on the Saturday and my bill is 3x yours! and I lost a sugar load of vital points!

The fact that you acted like a complete child after the incident (starting on my mate and my dad in the scrutineers bay) just made me think what a C**T. Yep you had a faster bike than me (only reason you passed) and being qually I didn't want to get held up by slower paced rider, there was more that 1m gap otherwise i would have change my line to the inside. As I went to went turn you sat up/wobbled we hit! My fault for being to close/your fault your panicking! These things happen!

As for your first comment before you edited it "Now forgive me for not being very sympathetic here, I over took you at the very start of the straight, I was about 3 or 4 bike lengths ahead of you by the time I braked, a good 8m in front of you... now when im following someone who is about 1m in front of me, i dont run into the back of them when i see them braking. I can safely follow someone round a track at race pace with about 1m between there back wheel and my front wheel. How you couldn't avoid me when you had about 2 or 3 seconds before you reached the same marker i braked at is beyond me, why you chose to go up the outside of me is also beyond me. Me... well i was happily braking when someone drove into the back of me who i had over taken about 7 or 8 seconds before"

If you think it takes 3secs to do 8m on a bike that is doing 170mph your wrong! 170mph works out at 71.5 metres per second! Because you came flying past me I didnt think for 1 second you would be braking as soon as the 200 marker.

Unfortunately, Jay we've all had weekends like that. Keep your chin up as there will be an equally good/high weekend waiting just around the corner ;)

And if anyone says those two dreaded words to you.... "That's racing!" just punch them on the nose B)

haha I will... And if im honest it is 'racing' and it will/does happen! Part and parcel of it all i guess!

your such a little flower. I didnt wobble i was braking fine. You may be quicker than me but thats irrelevant. You drove into me when i was infront of you. I sat up when i braked and whether you wanted to brake then or not you could easily see i was braking... so drive around me.

Im glad your bill was 3x mine. It *#~@ing should be, you caused the bloody accident! I shouldnt be paying for *#~@ all, but because you cant drive a bike in a straight line without hitting someone I've got to foot a grand repair bill!

Too *#~@ing right I was pissed off in the scroot bay, you just ruined my bike you stuck up pompous little flower!

I don't usually play referee, as it's usually me causing trouble (eh Pete?) :o but in this instance I think everyone needs to calm down a bit.

This type of incident happens in racing. You both have different views on what happened. A decision made in a split-second (whether that was Jay's decision or Half-Lyfe's) isn't always the right one but in racing there are many occasions when a split second is all you have and your decisions will improve with experience. Someone undoubtedly made the wrong decision here, but it's not the first time and it won't be the last time either one of you encounters a bad decision.

The important thing here is, you are both still here to have a pop at each other and nobody was seriously injured ;)

your such a little flower. I didnt wobble i was braking fine. You may be quicker than me but thats irrelevant. You drove into me when i was infront of you. I sat up when i braked and whether you wanted to brake then or not you could easily see i was braking... so drive around me.

Im glad your bill was 3x mine. It *#~@ing should be, you caused the bloody accident! I shouldnt be paying for *#~@ all, but because you cant drive a bike in a straight line without hitting someone I've got to foot a grand repair bill!

Too *#~@ing right I was pissed off in the scroot bay, you just ruined my bike you stuck up pompous little flower!

Grow up! Most people do not go out racing to deliberately cause accidents and certainly in this instance neither did I. If you cant handle situations like this then don't race. Racing incidents happen and if you want to race you have to accept that.

The fact that your glad that my bill is 3x more than your is completely and utterly disgusting! How you can call yourself a fellow racer is beyond me. I have seen many incidents like this over the season and everyone single one both shook hands and accepted that it's racing!

Don't bother replying on this post again because I am completely uninterested in anything else you have to say.

I don't usually play referee, as it's usually me causing trouble (eh Pete?) :o but in this instance I think everyone needs to calm down a bit.

This type of incident happens in racing. You both have different views on what happened. A decision made in a split-second (whether that was Jay's decision or Half-Lyfe's) isn't always the right one but in racing there are many occasions when a split second is all you have and your decisions will improve with experience. Someone undoubtedly made the wrong decision here, but it's not the first time and it won't be the last time either one of you encounters a bad decision.

The important thing here is, you are both still here to have a pop at each other and nobody was seriously injured ;)

Haha thanks Brigette. Hows Jay has he been out on the bike recently?

i hope everyone has calmed down abit unfortunately this has happend before when you have different size engines and classes out in the same race. i was mashaling at a meeting when two riders came together and crashed. the race was red flaged

strait away one of the riders dads came on the track and had a go at me and a another mashall he refused to leave the

track and demanded to see thc clerk of the course.one rider was taken to hospital with leg injuries.

like other people have said on this post either of you was hurt especially after injuries people have had recently (e.g BSB and Stuart Easton)so you should both accept that this is just a racing incident.I know it cost a lot of money to race but if you can't accept that you will have bills from time to time then you shouldn't be racing.

Haha thanks Brigette. Hows Jay has he been out on the bike recently?

No bike at the moment Jay but he does miss it. He's been busy working on a new range of protein products though, so you might see him trying to sell them around the paddock soon :lol:

Mr Half-Lyfe how do you know how far behind he was? Was you watching in your Mirrors?

The issue here is a lot of 1000 cc rookies will take a lot less corner speed than a 600, a quick 600 rider does not even have to break for that first corner, where as you breaking at 200y is early compared to a 600 so this is completely a racing incident.

You see riders all the time in Bemsee wipe each other out, ruin the bikes but get up shake hand/cuddle/exchange numbers whatever, because entering into racing you know this is a risk. You sign the documents before you race accepting these risks, so accept it.

£1000 bill and you cant race the rest of the season? Surely a single round costs you nearly that??

Didn't see the mud slinging till this morning and I would have removed it if I had.

Now the steam has been let off and there have been some sensible replies I'm going to leave it up

BUT - no more personal abuse chaps.

Ta.

If im honest I still do a bit of confidence breaking, but the quicker riders in MRO have told me this, yes.

Depends on the wind too!

Blimey thats where I was going wrong!. I did a 1.10.9 on the old circuit on my 600 and I was braking!. I wouldnt fancy flat in top and no brakes into Richies :unsure: I reckon you would become very aquianted with a potato field very quickly if you tried it without brakes :P

Edited by Sarah Jordan

noggin - Says was in Qually.

They had split grids in racing, although as expected the 600's did catch some 1000 riders.

They didnt have split grid for the first race, which was how I ended up on my ass.

Again someone on a thou was braking for turn one and the mid pack 600 boys with a slower overall lap time werent.

Concertina two bikes came together, I tried to turn inside got clipped from behind and that was all she wrote.

Race one ruined, confidence knocked, spend the next hour desperately trying to scrounge up parts for an 03 cbr.

Darn thing is running hot now as well so I suspect there is some other not visible damage.

Off the start there is little need to brake on a 6 as you are only just getting going in fourth by the time you get there.

At race speed its a fourth gear corner easy on the 6's.

In fairness to Bemsee they instantly switched to split starts for the rest of the races. But that has its downsides cos the guys (like me on very low powered bikes) get thier race cut short when the leading thous come carving through

Some are more gentlemanly than others, and some are unneessarily close.

There is always the likely hood of this type of incedent when One guys lap time is all about how quick his bike goes in a straight line and another guys laptime is all about how quick he is in the corners

noggin - thats getting petty!

Sarah - Yeh, ive followed riders that do two differnt things through there, some shut off really late but break harder and trail it through the first part of the corner, the other shuts off earlier but only a confidence break and has a quicker mid point corner speed.

On the old surface it was really risky due to the bumps, I tried it once and nealry lost the front, so reverted back to breaking lol i think it's a lot better on the new surface now. Like I said though depends on the wind, if its slightly behind you then you aint got a hope in hell of making the turn lol

If im honest I still do a bit of confidence breaking, but the quicker riders in MRO have told me this, yes.

Depends on the wind too!

I would say my son was one of the "quicker riders in MRO" and, trust me, he definitely had to use the breaks for turn one ;)