#1 sennidott

sennidott

Loud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:Honda RS250's and XRO GSXR750's

Posted 08 May 2011 - 12:50 PM

For sale a Suzuki GSXR750SRAD XRO9 based works engine.
The engine has just been built by XRO Suzuki guru and all round good guy Dave Hagan (Evo Moto in the Isle of Man). The engine is actually still in the Isle of Man with Dave.
I wanted to build a full spec XRO based engine that did not have to be rebuilt every 1000kms, so the basis of the engine is XRO8/9 spec with the parts that will need replacing being standard SRAD750.
The spec of the engine is as follows:
Works XRO9 parts: Crankcases, complete gearbox, magnesium oil pick up, magnesium water pump, oil cooler, generator and external oil lines.
ERO kit dry clutch.
ERO kit carb rubbers, with the flanges to attach the carbon airbox to and the correct carb rubber remote clamps.
Standard SRAD750 modified crank with SRAD750 rods and pistons, standard SRAD750 cylinder block modified to XRO8 spec (to reduce pumping losses), standard SRAD750 head tuned to XRO8 spec, with standard valves, XRO valve springs, titanium retainers etc and standard SRAD camshafts ground to XRO8 spec.
The engine is fitted with the correct XRO spec magnesium engine covers (sprocket cover, dry clutch cover, generator cover, cylinder head cover and sump.
The engine has been fitted with a starter motor, the covers of which have been cromated to match the XRO magnesium engine covers.
Titanium bolts inside and out.
This is basically a brand new engine, has never been used and has cost me over £8500.00 to build!
If anytone is interested in finding out more about the engine you can contact Dave Hagan on 07624 496461 / 01624 819212. Dave will confirm the works carried out and the parts fitted.

I also have the following for sale:
An XRO9 spec titanium exhuast with works spec titanium silencer (already for sale on ths forum).This exhaust requires the correct magnesium sump and oil pick to be fitted to a standard SRAD750. I'm in the process of trying to buy a sump from Crescent Suzuki.
An XRO8 carbon airbox.
An XRO spec magnesium generator cover.
A Yoshimura aluminium right hand side engine cover.
A Chris Walker stamped XRO9 dry clutch primary gear.

If anyone is interested or if you know anyone that may be interested, please let me know via this forum or innestodd@yahoo.co.uk

Cheers,

Innes

Edited by sennidott, 08 May 2011 - 12:51 PM.

#2 sennidott

sennidott

Loud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 09:47 AM

Well, after generating virtually no interest, I thought I'd better give an idea of what I really need to get for this engine.

4750.00 for the engine.
5500.00 for the engine complete with the exhaust and spare engine covers.
These figures are open to negotiation.

I'm waiting on some pics of the engine from the engine builder, Dave Hagen, which I will post as soon as I receive them but in the meantime if you require anymore information please contact myself via this forum or Dave Hagan on 07624 496461 / 01624 819212

The carbon airbox and primary gear are provisionally sold.

Cheers,

Innes

#3 speedy sie

speedy sie

More chicken strips than the colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts
  • Interests:going slow,getting the most milage out of me tyres(bloody love chicken strips)...oh and growing me nostrel haires.....

Posted 15 May 2011 - 04:46 PM

carnt believe this is still for sale!!

Couldn't catch a cold.

#4 2pt joe

2pt joe

No mates

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 08:11 PM

carnt believe this is still for sale!!

Limited market parhaps ?
Not a huge amount of these bikes still running and for the money of your engine ( no problem with your price ) someone could upgrade from a srad to a 1000.

Personally i'm a HUGE srad fan but couldn't justify that sort of on another engine.

Good luck with the slae though. ;)

#5 speedy sie

speedy sie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts
  • Interests:going slow,getting the most milage out of me tyres(bloody love chicken strips)...oh and growing me nostrel haires.....

Posted 15 May 2011 - 08:43 PM

the full on xro9 engine like in chris walker bike,was almost 100,000 when they were built!!so this is a bargain,i know of another one for sale and that is 6,000,and not to this spec,
the engine for sale here is built by dave hagon the chap who built the factory xro engine for crescent,so this engine is a good as it gets .

Couldn't catch a cold.

#6 2pt joe

2pt joe

No mates

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 08:59 PM

the full on xro9 engine like in chris walker bike,was almost 100,000 when they were built!!so this is a bargain,i know of another one for sale and that is 6,000,and not to this spec,
the engine for sale here is built by dave hagon the chap who built the factory xro engine for crescent,so this engine is a good as it gets .

yep, and i dont disagree with any of your comments, but i'd have to ask myself where is the market for your engine? Massive shame as great great bikes :rolleyes:

#7 sennidott

sennidott

Loud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 10:48 PM

yep, and i dont disagree with any of your comments, but i'd have to ask myself where is the market for your engine? Massive shame as great great bikes :rolleyes:

There is a very limited market for my engine, unless like me you think you can build a genuine XRO based SRAD...
As for buying a 1000cc bike for the same price (or less!) than my engine, where's the fun in that eh? eh? :lol:
This engine has cost me over £8500.00 to build, someone will get a bargain!
If nothing else you could make it into a stand for a very expensive coffee table...
On a serious note I would be interested in a P/X for a Honda RS250 or any Honda NX5 RS or even RSW kit parts (Showa suspension, wheels etc).

Click here for some XRO goodness

Edited by sennidott, 15 May 2011 - 10:55 PM.

#8 sennidott

sennidott

Loud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 01:20 PM

If anyone is interested in this engine and would like to build an XRO/ERO WSB spec SRAD750 I can put you in touch with a couple of people who have access to all the parts you'll ever need to build one of these bikes.
I have access to a complete WSB spec rolling chassis in the States, which I was hoping to buy to fit the engine I have for sale into. Since this engine has basically bankrupt me I no longer have the will or the way to finish this project.
So, go on treat yourself... your worth it! :lol:

Edited by sennidott, 16 May 2011 - 01:21 PM.

#9 dino70

dino70

Too much time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 05:30 PM

:( :( :( :( :( Gutted for you buddy.
I know how long it has taken you to gather all those priceless parts.
Your engine is worth every penny your asking for it........ I should know!!! :rolleyes:

#10 sennidott

sennidott

Loud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:46 PM

:( :( :( :( :( Gutted for you buddy.
I know how long it has taken you to gather all those priceless parts.
Your engine is worth every penny your asking for it........ I should know!!! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the free bump mate!
Yes, I'm gutted, but your right, it's a bargain... it is isn't it... :blink: :lol:

#11 sennidott

sennidott

Loud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 09:29 PM

Engine now sold... :(

#12 speedy sie

speedy sie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 09:43 PM

nice one,glad you found a chap who will love it. :huh: is it going state side??

Edited by speedy sie, 21 May 2011 - 09:48 PM.

Couldn't catch a cold.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users