• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Mike Edwards

MRO PowerBikes

You could try telephoning the bemsee offices, who run the MRO series, on 01708 720305

Alternatively their website is here: Bemsee.net, I'm sure the details will be published soon if you wanted to keep an eye out :)

There's also an open evening on 11th December in the Kentagon at Brands Hatch where there will be a lot of information and help available, apart from having a good evening out talking about everything and anything, but mostly bikes and racing :)

Edited by Ballsout Racing

Guest RiotMaster

naughty naughty, you are not giving a hint that you are giving up all that travelling,specially now with that new circuit in portugal ;)

Mike I'd guess grevilles tongue was firmly in his cheek wondering why you hadn't called them to ask as we all know that's the best place to ask! Or try class rep barry chapman.

I though anything goes in powerbikes so I'm sure your bikes would be more than elidgable.

Edited by SteveJordanMotorcycles

Mike I'd guess grevilles tongue was firmly in his cheek wondering why you hadn't called them to ask as we all know that's the best place to ask!

Possibly but that would assume that I would be very interested (which I am not), that it may be on the Bemsee site and I have missed it (as it states rules for all classes are available) and that it hadn't been discussed on here (which it appears not to have been).

A simple answer such as 'they are coming', 'XYX is writing them', 'they will be out in a couple of weeks', etc. was a bit more what I was expecting.

So how do most people planning on running in MRO PowerBikes know whether there bike is legal or not? Will the rules be the Bemsee PowerBike rules with a title change?

For a site based primarily on opinion and conjecture all responses seem very short on both so far :rolleyes:

I will be honest which I always pride myself on being. The best bet is if anyone is unsure regarding the regs or whether your bike is elidgable is to call the office. They are the ones that are best placed to answer yours or anyone elses questions.

I thought you would know that, I'm guessing greville did too.

I'm also sure MDMD would welcome and or listen to any suggestions regarding the regs from people that are looking to run in the class during 2009.

I saw the regs as being open class where you can run anything from a 250GP bike to a production thousand or even a WSBK spec bike.

Mike I love you really xxx

Possibly but that would assume that I would be very interested (which I am not), that it may be on the Bemsee site and I have missed it (as it states rules for all classes are available) and that it hadn't been discussed on here (which it appears not to have been).

A simple answer such as 'they are coming', 'XYX is writing them', 'they will be out in a couple of weeks', etc. was a bit more what I was expecting.

So how do most people planning on running in MRO PowerBikes know whether there bike is legal or not? Will the rules be the Bemsee PowerBike rules with a title change?

For a site based primarily on opinion and conjecture all responses seem very short on both so far :rolleyes:

Have I missed something or did someone get out of the wrong side of the bed this morning? :P

Mike

Rules are as Powerbikes this year. Basically an open 1300 class, any tyre you choose.

The basic structure of the class is on Bemsee website.

Cheers

Baz

if youve got a moto gp bike its eligible :blink:

yep - but:

1. If you had one, wtf are you doing in club racing with something like that

2. If you did race one in club, then boy oh boy you'd better be up to riding it properly!

:rolleyes::lol:

And the usual DB limit.

I have already added the relevent lead weight and exhaust baffles to both of my RCV211's. and gone for 17inch wheels so i can run racetec part worns to save money!!! so ready to rock!

:P

Possibly but that would assume that I would be very interested (which I am not), that it may be on the Bemsee site and I have missed it

If you are not that interested then why start the thread in the first place when a quick look on the website as Baz pointed

out, or a quick phone call to the office would be even better, you may have even found out our your own series would be

progressing into 2009.You may have liked to make a suggestion or two,but you prefer to come on here for opinion (normally your own) or conjecture which (normally you start).

Richard

If you are not that interested then why start the thread in the first place when a quick look on the website as Baz pointed

out, or a quick phone call to the office would be even better, you may have even found out our your own series would be

progressing into 2009.You may have liked to make a suggestion or two,but you prefer to come on here for opinion (normally your own) or conjecture which (normally you start).

Thanks for your informed post.

I did start by looking at the Bemsee web site. There was no sign of any rules for either the 2008 Bemsee PowerBikes or 2009 MRO PowerBikes when I looked initially or on several subsequent occasions since.

Hopefully the ongoing communication I have had with Bemsee means I do know what is going on with my own series. Or maybe there are other agendas at work and I have no idea... :rolleyes:

My PowerBike enquiry was a simple informal enquiry that didn't waste the valuable time of those in the office as I thought somebody out there must have some clue about what was going on...

Guest The Purple Helmet

Hee hee hee hee hee ! :lol::lol::lol:

Some people make it sooooo easy! ;)

misbite.gif

Don't you just love forums??

An open 1300cc Class where Stock 1000cc machines are also encouraged to enter. The series is run to BMCRC

Regs. Riders may use any tyre treaded or slick with a maximum capacity of 1300cc and a minimum machine weight

limit for 4-stroke machines of 165KG (half-wet). Two-stroke machines are permitted up to 750cc and have no

minimum weight limits.

A “1000cc Clubman Cup” will run within this championship open to Clubmen & Novice licence holders only.

And the usual DB limit.

I have already added the relevent lead weight and exhaust baffles to both of my RCV211's. and gone for 17inch wheels so i can run racetec part worns to save money!!! so ready to rock!

:P

Jack I thought you had taste mate.

It's got to be an NSR500!!!!!

Jack I thought you had taste mate.

It's got to be an NSR500!!!!!

I remember one of those being raced at Snett in the Powerbikes in 2001 I think when Steve was doing the Bandit cup. :)

Real good call Sarah,but it was 2000 the first year of the MRO when the Bandit cup ran.

The Mille's started in 2001.

The guy's name was Phil Jeans and he came from Brooke near Norwich did not enter anywhere else and i have no

record of him in the results,but i remember him there.

I don't know how far Steve goes back but do you also remember the guy who had the NSR 400,middle to late 90's

it was the oversize 250 that Tady Okada rode in the 500gp in Repsol colours.

Richard