Sign in to follow this  
major_league

Isle of Wight TT - it's coming!

Finally, a new road race! Looks like it'll be a cracker and it seems to have all the right people on board.

But I think the big question here is - will it be a repeat of the Welsh Road Race?

Only time will tell I suppose... set to run Oct 2021, so a good bit of time for planning.

*note - it's not actually called the Isle of Wight TT, it's the Diamond Races... I don't want the island suing for breach of what have you.

Edited by major_league

On 7/29/2020 at 4:07 PM, quarrybends said:

A road race in the uk in October, what could possibly go wrong? 😬

My thoughts exactly 🤣

I think there's still a lot that needs to fall into place for it to happen....a lot... but in terms of road racing, any new event is good for the sport.

There's an in-depth feature in UK Clubsport magazine this month where they've asked some of the top road racers what their thoughts are and if they'd have a crack.

Loving the idea and push to get this done. Be great if it happens and hope the good people involved (unlike Pay Cheque Princes like Steve Plater) have the minerals to make it happen...

But October??? All wrong - be a disastrous start.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.