Sign in to follow this  
64bigc

Slipper clutch and blipper systems

Hi all, sorry for what may be a stupid question to some but can’t get my head round it. 
just had a slipper installed on an r6 as needed to replace parts that cost more than the whole stm unit. Would you recommend a blipper system as well or does the slipper handle it all? 
I’ve recently been riding a 450 supermoto that doesn’t require clutch on downshifts and would like this on the r6 if poss? 

any advice would be appreciated 

If you want to not have to touch the clutch you'll need a blipper. If you kick it down the box, even with the slipper you'll take the edges of the gear dogs really quickly 

If it's 06 onwards it's fly by wire so there's a few blippers available, but I've never used an aftermarket one, I'm old skool and use the clutch and blip for myself... If it's pre 06 it's on cable throttle so no blipper options except the right hand

It’s 2010 so is the FBW.  Seen a few, hm, translogic etc didn’t know if anyone knew of any. I also have been using the right hand, so may struggle to adjust 😂