Sign in to follow this  
Munty

5EB Ex V&M Supersport race bike

1999 R6 5EB Ex V&M British Supersport bike

High spec machine with good pedigree that produces 113 -118 BHP. V&M cylinder head with Kent cams, kit springs and retainers. Kit spec large radiator and extra oil cooler to ensure coolant and oil kept in optimum temperature range. Akrapovic full exhaust system with carbon end can. Kit mods to carbs, inlet tubes and airbox.  5SL bottom end conversion (Thundersport approved) so no issues with cracked liners or gearbox on this bike. The engine runs and sounds superb with no rattles, knocks, smoke or leaks. Engine number intact and not tampered with. No V5 as Mitsui Yamaha supplied race frame to V&M without any numbers ever present.

Sigma slipper clutch with kit plates. Lightweight generator running total loss and kit cover. 4 deg ignition advancer. Maintained with Motul 300V and only genuine filters after each race weekend.

Front forks with Ktech internals and Ohlins 9.5 springs set-up by 100% Suspension as with Ohlins rear suspension with remote preload.  Brembo front 19mm radial master cylinder. Really good condition wets on wheels included in sale. Translogic quickshifter set-up on dyno by RJS.

Handling is superb and turns and brakes better than any early R6 I have ever ridden (I have ridden several). Previously to me it was Derby Phoenix championship runner up and numerous lap records. Last raced in 2015 with TSGB when semi-retired and it still qualified 4th and managed 1:41. Since then it has done one track day per year since only and I can honestly say it still handles and drives superb.

Very reluctant sale as I have owned this bike since 2007, but as I am now permanently retired it really should be sold so it can be raced in Golden Era Supersport championships where it belongs.

All set-up and ready to race or track day.

£2800

Donington 2018_3.JPG