Greg d

07 onwards r6 428 chain conversion.

Has anybody ever tried the 428 chain and sprockets kit as sold by T3 racing on the yamaha r6, 2007 onwards? Interested to know the effects of improved acceleration etc. If so, is there a tangible, noticeable difference? Thanks

Tried one on the Dyno back to back with a tired and unlubed 520, absolutely no difference, smaller rollers but more of them so just as much surface area creating drag.

Only reason to change is the final drive ratios can be altered in smaller increments. 

Continued racing the 520 option as it's stronger

On 3/19/2019 at 9:29 AM, mindlock100 said:

I run 428 chains with no issues, reduced weight and reduced drag - pm for more info.

Ant

Thanks for the reply, It's taken a while to msg back. Is it worth trying? i will probably have to order 10 sprockets of both front and rear to try this out for myself, guessing the idea maynot have taken off  commercial wise.

On 5/16/2019 at 9:58 PM, Greg d said:

Thanks for the reply, It's taken a while to msg back. Is it worth trying? i will probably have to order 10 sprockets of both front and rear to try this out for myself, guessing the idea maynot have taken off  commercial wise.

hi Greg, well i can't say I've gone any faster, but they do run 428's at world level Moto2, the DID VX428 with either a riv link or solid link is what i'm using and I've had no issues whatsoever, i do change it quite regularly though for peace of mind, the EK equivalent (can't remember the model) is slightly stronger but much more expensive and difficult to get hold of in the UK, I run PBR sprockets on mine, expensive but very good, the whole setup is lighter than a 520 and certainly anything bigger, just make sure you look after it, don't run them too tight and keep clean and lubed, my bike makes 135bhp ish and no issues.