Sign in to follow this  
Ktmjohno

Zx10r vs 2018 gsxr1000r

Hi 

Just after some advice

i fancy a change so , am considering changing the 2016 zx10r for a new 2018 grsxr1000r 

Has anyone got or had any experience of this and what needs to go on the suzuki to make it good on track I've heard the Abs is a problem ?? 

Any pros cons ?

trackdays on!y

Or should I get 2nd hand r1m 😀

Thanks johno

I had a 2013 ZX10 (ex BSB SSTK) after years on a  GSXR (K3, K6 and K9), which was a great bike.  Then traded 'up' for a 2016 ZX10 and never really got on with it (loads of my mates also got rid of theirs) and moved onto a L7 GSXR, which is a great bike.

As for what needs to be done, that depends on how much you want to spend, in reality both will need pretty much the same.  I've had ABS disabled (not removed as yet), suspension,  shift er/blipper enabled (as not RR), full system and remap and other 'normal' stuff.

ZX10 had more top end (was 206 on PCR dyno were as GSXR is 196), but not at lot at the bottom end.  

Guess only way is to try, but would recommend the GSXR

Andy

Not too sure about the ABS disable tbh as was done by PCR, but don't think is a major job.

I am looking at getting the yoshi abs eliminator refitted to allow the pump to be removed as wasn't done correctly first time round (not by PCR I hasten to add, but by the previous owner).  Has also got brembo M/C and braided hoses, and I use Bendix MCR pads and stops well enough for someone at my ability.

No. Not done by previous owner i hasten to add. It was done by PCR. Who built the whole bike from brand new. And it was one of the worst bike builds i have ever had done. They are a joke. And if you have a problem Andy you have my number i will be happy to speak.

I have a 2016 zx10 which I have had since Jan 2017. Found it tricky to get on with and was trying to sell it. I was looking at the s1000 or gixxer as alternatives. I was then told to take it to BSD performance and have them sort it out. They have re flashed the ecu enabling the auto blipper and re mapped it giving me seperate throttle response maps and engine breaking all controlled on the stock dash. The bike is a completely different weapon now. I highly recommend giving them a call before u spend any un necessary cash 

Hope that helps

TCP - 'Not done by previous owner i hasten to add. It was done by PCR. Who built the whole bike from brand new. And it was one of the worst bike builds i have ever had done. They are a joke. And if you have a problem Andy you have my number i will be happy to speak.'

Sorry if that was not the case then, since this was the info that I was being given, no offence meant to anyone

Andy