Silkysean

Best exhaust for a 2016 ZX10R

Hello. I’ve just purchased my first ZX10R. Having been on a Fireblade for the last 4 years i never needed to worry much about noise testing for race meetings or trackdays. However my ZX10 has a Leo Vince can with link pipe onto the standard headers. It failed at croft (supposedly 107db) 

my question is, what is the best exhaust set up for a 2016 ZX10R. Full system or keep the standard headers? Also what systems give the best power gains but still stay within noise limits for uk club racing. 

Thanks. 

Sean

The standard headers on the 2016+ ZX10R are titanium anyway, so no real need to swap them out

I run a Pipewerx link pipe and full length end can, and make 98 static with baffle and around 103 without. No real power loss, and decent sound

I think total cost was around £350 with link pipe, but around £220 for the end can alone

http://www.pipewerx.com/kawasaki/zx10r-2016-onwards/kawasaki-zx10-r-2016-onwards-plain-titanium-round-carbonedge-street-legal-exhaust.html

I had an unbranded end can and link pipe on mine when I purchased it, which measured wildly different from track to track (often well over 105dB).

After some very helpful advice from the chaps at Lextek, I opted for one of their silencers (the SP1 in my case) and link pipe. Have to say, by far the best value for money exhaust I have ever seen... cannot fault the fabrication quality or fitment, plus the customer service was flawless. I would happily recommend them, and will be using them again.

https://www.lextekproducts.com/for/KAWASAKI/ZX10 R/2016

For ref, I have not failed a noise test since fitting it, and have never had to run the baffle.

-Rob

We ran stock headers with Beowulf link & can, 55mm, 380mm long can, never went above 101db

we then stuck a full leo vince 60mm system on it, was 106 with leo vince can & baffle, we replaced can with 380mm long 60mm beowulf can, it made 0.5bhp more and never needed a baffle at race meets or trackdays.