Sign in to follow this  
sy-superfly

What spec are needed in a R6 5eb in pre injection to be competitive?

Hi all

Coming back to racing after leaving minitwins a few years ago and have plumped for pre injection class on a 5eb. I would love to what performance upgrades that are required for them from a standard bike.  E.G.

• Total loss?
  • Different carbs (Don't know if this is allowed)? 
  • Cam change?
  • Suspension ( I know I need to upgrade but tips on which units would be magic)
  • Anything else tip wise to get this bike up to scratch so only rider improvement will be required please?

Thank you in advance to help me get back in the game missed it alot.

ivans jet kit are good cost effective upgrade for the carbs don't bother changing the carbs, 13s r6 master cyclinder is a good brake upgrade, front forks are good as standard, i use a mupo rear shock and really recommed them, stick with the standard air filter, do you know about the airbox mod ? total loss with help but not essential, sigma slipper clutch is a great thing to have really helps 

sorryshould add maxton /ohlins or k tech springs  oil fresh front forks good front disks good bluespot calipers good front master cylinder sigma slipper clutch or similar.rear shock  of good quaility dont think yec airbox mod can bugger jetting,remove all you dont need but keep,higher front screen clear  y14 cams as more duration  than y15.lighten bike as much as you can but keep all  parts bolts you need to operate m/c safe as has to pass scrutinering  ie lockwire ol filter/sump plug  and oil filer and oil level dipstick.clip ons diamond good qualiy along ith rear sets   rain light it goes on on