Sign in to follow this  
Scarth28

R6 5eb/mt total loss

Hi, thinking of making my r6 5mt total loss. I know this takes a fair bit of looking after but got racing I think it'll be fine.

Could anyone help me with advice,tips or even pics for wiring etc?

I know obviously the stator is removed but where does a lightweight flywheel come from or can you just machine it down?

Thanks in advance 

ran 5eb,s for 5 yr left alternater on no troubles, for what you gain 1 to3 hp by lighter rotation you loose in torque as most take the flywheel off with alterater. skiming flywheel is iriversable and if you look most are dynamic balanced with small holes drilled outside case to balance, know quite a few lads have done it more with the cbr 6,s but watch the flap when no start with nxt race called

depends how far you want to go wiring wise but you can just take the stator and reg/rec of the bike it will all work as was before and leave the rest of the wiring as it's a lot of work for not much more gain, a good machining shop should be able to machine your flywheel down make sure you still have enough for the starter gear to attach to the back of it tho it's pretty obvious as there's bolt holes in it, i've also found that lightweight lithium batteries don't like the constant discharge and re charge so get yourself a moto batt https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/302631027606  like this a lot cheaper and seems to be great i'll double check which mine is for size just make sure you re charge after each session with something that puts out more than 1 amp