Porkchop

HELP / ADVICE REQ BMW S1000RR

HELP / ADVICE REQUIRED BMW S1000RR!!!!!!!

I'm hoping someone on here has had experience in refitting and engine in to an S1000 and may be able to help me.

I've recently had the engine out of the bike to refresh the gearbox. Refitted the engine last night, replugged all of the wiring harness and I now have the following problems:

* Dash if showing 186mph on screen.
* No neutral light or gear indicator. The neutral light comes on with the ignition and goes through its usual check then goes out.
* Relays mounted on rear subframe seem to be randomly clicking with no obvious reason.
* Engine management light on. 

As sensors are plugged in and appear to be correct.

Do I need to re-collaborate the gear indicator somehow? 

I'm somewhat perplexed and need it sorting asap as I'm out testing soon. 🙈

Thanks in advance.

doing a scan with a gs911 unit will tell you if any sensors are faulty (as in not connected etc) and will also allow you to reset everything,then you can see what faults are actually present after another diagnostic check

I've had numerous engines out of s1000's and never had to recalibrate anything. Think you need to double check the connections as something is definitely wrong

I bought the full BMW workshop manual, DVD job and £30+ and even that doesn't have a wiring diagram! I would say label everything as you remove it but it seems that horse has bolted.

I'd start with the basics, check the big earth next to the starter motor, should be brown. 

Thanks everyone. Looks like a faulty HM quickshifter may have been back feeding the injectors and spiking the ECU. Worse still I don't think it was ever plugged in when I got the bike!!