• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Birdy

What Car type van for bike transport?

Hi. Looking for the smallest car type van to take my bike on trackdays as parking space an issue. Bike length is 2 metres. Also prefer petrol as will be used for daily commute of no more than 3 miles and have had problems with running a diesel motor on these short runs in the past.

Any advise would be appreciated; trailering not an option..... 

Thanks

I've had two Vito's, one of which was a SWB with petrol motor. Generally there's no shortage of people with bad experiences to share, but given the amount of them that you see on the road I think that this is to be expected (you could also say the same for the Vivaro/Trafic/Primastar).

In my experience the Vito was an excellent van, pleasant to be in and performed above expectation in every respect.

If you need to go even smaller than a SWB Vito, yet still carry a bike, then other options include the LWB Caddyvan, Doblo etc, but I have no direct experience of these.

-Rob

you can take the front seat out of a renault kangoo to carry a bike, has to be at an angle, bit tight, sometimes needs fairings taking off etc

Edited by Robw

I use a citroen dispatch (same as fiat scudo Peugeot expert) it carrys both my zxr400s, I've had a r1 and a zx10r on their own in before..

get the 1900 non turbo (very slow) but engines unburstable,twin sliding side doors,decent enough headroom 3 seats infront the newer model you

get the more car like they drive,

if just carrying one bike they have plenty of room for the rest of your kit/wheels/stands/geezebo etc

Kangoo looks promising, especially as I need a petrol motor. Any pics?Thanks for the replies again...

Thanks, saw that but it was a bit old so wondered if any other bright ideas since? Also if taking out the front passenger seat from a Kangoo type vehicle, does this give problems with air bags?

High top lwb Transit connect will fit a bike in without the need to remove seats.

Can be had cheap but are diesel. Latest ones can be had with the 1.0 Ecoboost petrol engine but depends on what your budget is